I am always amazed at how fast art and images can reach my deeper consciousness when I pay attention. Had these words been written in a book, I may have breezed over them. Something about the average look of this photo with its uneven tape and handwriting, coupled with my recent place in the world made me stop and reflect today.
The message is not new or crafted cleverly. I have heard that the present is a gift in a million different ways, but today I am thankful to be reminded again by this image. While I cannot take credit for creating this work of art, I can resonate with the truth and beauty of its message. Here are some questions to ponder if you, too, feel moved to journal or reflect:
About the words on tape:
- How does it feel to know that tomorrow isn’t guaranteed? Does this reality make you feel uncomfortable or comforted?
- Are you living in the present? Past? Future? What do you need to do or not do in order to come back to this moment of your life?
About art, simplicity and beauty:
- Each day do you take time to see subtle works of art in your life? Can you be inspired by them?
- What is simple and beautiful in your life? Are they people, places, things? Do you notice them, and does this noticing create a sense of well-being for you?
- Do you pay more attention to the sparkle or the spark?